Serious Injury Compensation Claim Process
Taking Instructions After a Serious Injury
Once you contact us, we’ll meet you in hospital or at home to discuss what we can do to help with your serious injury compensation. In the short-term, and subject to negotiated agreement with the party at fault, this can include;
- Transferring the injured individual from hospital to a specialist rehabilitation unit
- Appointing a Serious Injury Compensation Case Manager to oversee treatment
- Instructing medical experts, on a private basis, to advise on treatment and the future prospects for the individual.
Pursuing a serious injury claim for compensation
Hilary Meredith Solicitors Ltd will advise you from the outset if you have a realistic Serious injury compensation claim to pursue, against whom there could be a claim for serious injury compensation. We will pursue such serious injury claims, aiming to prove who is to blame, and recovering a sum sufficient to cover the current and future needs of the individual, taking into account a wide range of issues;
- An amount for the serious injury itself – including an award for pain and suffering, plus loss of amenity.
- The need for constant care - we can obtain costs covering past care by relatives or friends, plus future care for life, by private carers.
- The sufferer’s past losses - including loss of earnings, out-of-pocket expenses, and the cost of any personal effects damaged in the accident.
- The sufferer’s loss of future earning capacity – we can claim for future loss of earnings for life should the individual be incapable of working. For those capable of working, but with a disability, we can claim loss on the open market if employment is lost when competing with able-bodied applicants.
- Others’ past losses - an award to friends and family for out-of-pocket expenses, extra travel, loss of earnings or the provision of care.
- Loss of mobility and the need for suitable accommodation – should the injuries result in mobility problems, and the need for adapted or new accommodation, we can pursue a claim for funds sufficient to buy new housing – and we employ architects who can adapt housing to suit individual requirements.
For more information please view the Hilary Meredith Solicitors serious injury compensation claims success stories and our serious injury compensation testimonials. The serious injury compensation FAQs offer legal advice on claiming compensation for a serious injury.
To discuss your multiple injury claim case free of charge with our serious multiple injury solicitors contact us online or start your serious multiple injuries compensation claim now.
Alternatively please click on the following links for more serious injury compensation claim information: