top of page
Home 1 Large.jpeg

Call 0800 124 4444 or email

Complaints Procedure

We and the Legal Ombudsman define a complaint as an expression of dissatisfaction about the way in which we have carried out, or failed to carry out, our work which requires a response. This in accordance with the Solicitors Regulation Authority guidelines.

If you are not happy with the service you have received from Hilary Meredith Solicitors Ltd or in respect of our fees, please contact the person who is handling your case and explain your concerns. If you are still not satisfied then you should write to Amy Walker, Company Compliance and Standards Officer who is responsible for responding to any complaints you may have regarding the Firm.

The details are as follows:

Amy Walker, Company Compliance and Standards Officer,
Hilary Meredith Solicitors Ltd,
Churchgate House,
25-27 Water Lane,

or telephone 01625539922

Your letter will be acknowledged within 24 hours. Amy Walker will then review your case and respond, in writing, within 10 working days. We endeavour to resolve your complaint within eight weeks of your initial complaint.

At this stage, if you are still not satisfied, you should contact us again within 14 days of Amy’s reply and we will arrange for a Director or someone unconnected with the matter at the firm to review the decision made. Your concerns will be reviewed and you will received a response, in writing, within 14 days.

Should you still feel your complaint has not been resolved satisfactorily then, you should contact the Legal Ombudsman within 6 months of Hilary Meredith Solicitors Ltd final response to your complaint:

Legal Ombudsman, PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton, WV1 9WJ

Telephone : 0300 555 0333


Website :

Additionally if you are not satisfied with regards to our fees, you have the right to challenge the fees by applying to the court for an assessment of the bill under part 3 of the Solicitors Act 1974.

The Solicitors Regulation Authority can also help if you are concerned about our behaviour. Further details can be found on the SRA website.

Alternative complaints bodies (such as Promediate, exist which are competent to deal with complaints about legal services should both you and our firm wish to use such a scheme.

We do not agree to us Promediate.

Screenshot 2023-06-21 at 10.35.06.jpeg
bottom of page